6.30.2008

About This Blog

Save A Dog Blog is dedicated to the millions of dogs who are abandoned and euthanized in the animal shelters of our country every year.

Many of those dogs were my friends. Since 1998, I've been volunteering at my local humane society. I've come to know and love so many wonderful dogs during that time, many who were dumped there by their own families. Others were born at the shelter. Many others died at the shelter. Almost all of them were perfectly adoptable dogs with the potential to be wonderful members of a family. Unfortunately, there just weren't enough families to go around.

I spend the majority of my volunteer time taking pictures of adoptable dogs and posting those pictures onto Petfinder.com. It's an amazing resource for people looking to adopt a homeless animal--the best on the web, in my opinion. I love my volunteer work and I feel like it's making a difference, but I want to do more. I want to do anything and everything in my power to save my homeless canine friends. That's why I started this blog.

This will be a place where I can share rescue stories, feature adoptable dogs,
provide dog related resources, get on my soapbox and rant if I need to, and educate the public about the plight of homeless pets. Until our society understands the problem of pet overpopulation, dogs and cats will continue to die needlessly in our country every day.

Thanks for visiting Save A Dog Blog. Our mission is to save the world...one dog at a time.

0 comments:

Yellow Puppies Blogger Template | Template Design | Elque 2008